A LOT more work than I expected. Prep is 90% of the work
Each red splotch is a nail hole, it has to be filled, then let dry, then you sand and check if perfectly smooth. If you feel anything you have to fill it again. Also you have to caulk every single seam of trim to wall, or trim to other trim. This means well over 1000 nail holes to patch and then also many hundreds of feet of caulking. Its also very unforgiving. Any tiny defect is amplified once you spray the paint. If done correctly its smooth as glass.
You also have to mask everything! The paint is fine, and it will get everywhere. We spent two hours cleaning up overspray once all this was done. Trim prep was about 2.5 weeks, the actual spraying took 1.5 days only.
trim sprayed, prepped for painting
Doors too, all prepped and setup for spraying. Unfortunately for me I didnt know this paint takes over a week to cure. I stacked some doors together and then they stuck. :( So now I have a bunch of cleanup. I will have to fill and sand them and touchup the paint.
No comments:
Post a Comment