Sunday, March 5, 2023

#13 Dining room and entryway floors

     Since we decided to replace DR floor I saved a few bucks on demo by doing it myself.  Glad we did, there was old crystallized dog pee in multiple spots.  :(  i used a lot of enzyme cleaner on that stuff.  I hope I can still re-use a good amount of the wood for some kind of later accent wall or something.  Have to see how much is contaminated.

Here you can see the staining.  Anything black is where the dog pee stained the paper under the HW flooring.

Lots of Fir flooring here from DR

This is Red Oak from the hallway, the mismatch of flooring types was probalby the thing that pushed us over the edge to replace these.  We will keep the LR wood floor and refinish it.



This is after all the flooring is up, you can see there are no more stains and they are cleaned and we have started with the layer of plywood.  We decided to put down a thin layer of plywood, and its screwed down and glued down as well.  You can't see the large box of screws that I sunk into the sub flooring before the plywood went on.  It made a hug difference in how noisy the floors are and once we put a layer of HW on top it should feel pretty solid.  (I hope)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#26 Master bedroom and closet

 Master is good to go now as well, again except for a few handles.....  I ordered way short. It was a lot harder cutting those angled lines ...